We currently have two positions open for full-time employment at our Columbus and Dublin, Ohio Patient Care Facilities.
We are seeking:
- a Licensed Orthotist or Licensed Orthotist/Prosthetist
- a Certified Fitter or ABC/BOC Orthotist.
These individuals will be responsible for the evaluation, designing, fabrication and fitting of custom orthopedic bracing and supports, as well as, work with our established team.
- Evaluate patients in order to determine their appliance needs, as well as, identify factors that could affect the fit and/or function of the patient’s custom brace.
- Measure and/or cast patients for their custom device.
- Design orthopedic devices, based on physicians’ prescriptions, and examination and measurement of patients.
- Fit, evaluate and test devices on patients, as well as, make adjustments for proper fit, function, and comfort.
- Instruct patients and provide written instructions regarding the use and care of orthoses.
- Maintain patients’ records in accordance with ABC and State Board standards.
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device design.
- Confer with physicians in order to formulate specifications and prescriptions for orthopedic devices.
- Update skills and knowledge by attending conferences, seminars and educational workshops.
- Show and explain orthopedic devices to healthcare professionals.
- Must be currently licensed in the State of Ohio and/or certified with ABC or BOC.
- Must maintain CEU’s in accordance with licensure guidelines and/or ABC, BOC.
- Must adhere to the guidelines in the employee handbook of Central Ohio Orthotic & Prosthetic Center, Inc. upon hire.
- Must participate with management in annual performance reviews.
- Must attend and participate in COOPC hosted trainings and meetings.
- Must be hard working, possess strong clinical skills, strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn.
- Must have the ability to manage varying and scheduled tasks.
These positions are an excellent opportunity for candidates that are self-driven, motivated, and with an entrepreneurial spirit that is looking to produce results in an expanding market.
The final candidates will submit to detailed background checks.
Please submit resumes HERE.
Latest posts by My Faithful Assistant (see all)
- Licensed Orthotist, Certified Fitter or ABC / BOC Orthotist - 08/13/2017
- Client Appreciation: Central Ohio Orthotic & Prosthetic Center - 07/09/2015
- Scoliosis Information - 12/03/2014